Five Questions You Need to Ask Before Your Windshield Repair or Replacement
Five Questions You Need To Ask Before Your Windshield Repair or Replacement
- What kind of glass are you using?
- While all auto glass must meet certain benchmarks for safety and protection, there are other factors to consider. How well does it dampen noise? Is it the same level of quality as the original part? Having these answers is important to making an informed windshield replacement decision you’re comfortable with.
- Can I request a different/better quality? Or an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacterer) part?
- This is your car and your auto glass replacement, and you should feel comfortable with the quality. Of course, the cost of the part will have an affect on the total price of the service. Your technician should be able to discuss these options with you before booking your windshield or auto glass replacement.
- You will also need to check with your insurance company, if you’re going through them. Often times, they will only cover the least expensive option. Talk to your agent to avoid any surprises, and so you can make the best decision for your auto glass needs. While Signature does not accept insurance, we will work with customers to find the best fit for their needs.
- What kind of warranty do you offer on your work?
- Signature proudly backs all of our services – windshield repair, windshield replacement, auto glass replacement, window regulator repair, and more – with a lifetime warranty, as well as a no-leak guarantee. This warranty will also transfer with the vehicle when you sell it. Read more about our warranty here.
- How long do I need to wait before driving?
- The safe drive-away time after your windshield replacement is one hour, minimum. This is a federally established guideline to ensure that the adhesives securing your windshield/auto glass have cured adequately, and that the structural integrity of the vehicle is intact.
- Why should I choose your auto glass company?
- Your prospective auto glass technician should be able to answer this question and all of your questions with confidence and patience. We understand price is important to customers, but so are quality, customer service, and attention to detail. Signature believes in delivering Pride in Workmanship with each windshield or auto glass repair, not just the cheapest.
- Learn more about Pride in Workmanship and how it sets us apart by clicking here.
Are you ready to ask these questions, or any others you may have, for your auto glass repair or replacement? Contact Signature now.